[Slackdocs] Editing Rules

Nocturnal Slacker nocturnal.slacker at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:05:15 CEST 2012

I posted this on this talk page -->
http://docs.slackware.com/talk:slackware:beginners_guide and I believe
it is important enough to be repeated on this list.

======

  I believe an important rule of wiki etiquette needs to be stated here
and now for the record:

     -- Major edits should NOT be performed on any contributor's
submissions here without his/her express knowledge and permission. (with
a record of discussion on the Talk page)

Exceptions to this rule:

     1. The author is unknown or no longer an active participant here.
     2. Editing is required to correct vandalism.
     3. Minor grammatical, punctuation, wiki formatting edits.
     4. Blatant errors - in which case, a note should be placed within
the article by a Staff Editor stating that the information is incorrect
as it currently appears and will be amended soon (once the original
contributor is notified).

     -- For all of the above, a record of the editor's reasons and
further discussion should be present on the Talk page.

And finally, I completely understand a contributor's anger and
disappointment when their work is improperly altered. It can take hours
to research, compile, and finalize and article. To have that work
substantially edited by someone later without the courtesy of prior
discussion is wrong and will not be tolerated by the Slackware Linux
Documentation Project Staff or community.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

— V. T. Eric Layton 2012/08/29 09:27

======
--
~V. T. Eric Layton, Nocturnal Slacker