[Slackdocs] Server OS upgrade this week

Eric Hameleers eha at alienbase.nl
Tue Aug 18 14:07:20 CEST 2015

Somewhere this week, I will perform an upgrade of the OS on the Wiki
server. I expect that everything will still work afterwards, because my
modifications to the OS and added packages are fairly minimal.

There will be a reboot because of the new kernel, but that is just a
hickup. If anything else fails after the upgrade, there may be some
downtime on the Wiki (docs.slackware.com) but also possibly on
taper.alienbase.nl (same server, different hostname) where I host my
mirrors and git repositories.

So that you know...

Cheers, Eric H.