[Slackdocs] Introduction + first ideas

Eric Hameleers eha at alienbase.nl
Mon Aug 20 16:28:27 CEST 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:

> Nicolas Kovacs a écrit :
>>
>> As I've stated in a private mail to Eric, I think the most important
>> point now is to setup a structure, a TOC, that has to be fleshed out
>> with information. I think the existing Slackbook (3.0 beta) is an
>> excellent starting point, and its TOC provides about two thirds of what
>> can reasonable figure on a well-provided documentation site. So here's
>> what I think could be a reasonable starting point.
>
> IMHO, someone has to step forward as a Temporary Benevolent Dictator to
> establish a rough first draft of the site structure. Just for this single
> problem, I sense a "Too Many Cooks Are Gonna Spoil The Soup" kind of problem.
>
> Eric? Anyone? Me?

I'll see what I can do this week, but I do not want to run this as
Slackware (with a single BDFL taking all decisions). For the time being, I
made Nicci and myself admins of the wiki, and I think between the two of
us we will not have many disagreements on how the Wiki should be
structured.

I will write a draft of the structure I would like to see in the Wiki and
the ways people can contribute. I want to enforce the use of namespaces so
that I can apply Access Control Lists to them in future. Watch
http://taper.alienbase.nl/dokuwiki/start?idx=slackdocs for the appearance
of articles which I will write about this.

How does that sound?

Eric