[Slackdocs] Fwd: procedure for translation

Eric Hameleers eric.hameleers at alienbase.nl
Wed Aug 22 19:29:42 CEST 2012

For some reason, this message bounced:

From: 	asteroid <asteroid at slackware-fr.org>
To: 	Slackdocs <slackdocs-bounces at alienbase.nl>
Subject: 	procedure for translation
Hi,

I'm going to suggest a simple procedure to translate page.

1/ create the localised page, for exemple :
http://docs.slackware.com/fr:slackdocs:contributing

2/ "create the page" button to go into edition mode

3/ go to http://docs.slackware.com/slackdocs:contributing, and "edit" it

4/ copy the text and past in the fr: one (immediatly close the original
page, clicking on "Cancel", for releasing the lock)

5/ add a warning or note on top of the fr: page, saying "translation is
going on".

5bis/ you can add another note saying only editing section and not the
whole page, to permit others to contribute too at the same time.

6/ don't forget to feel a "comment" in the field under editing box.

7/ purpose translation to localised validation crew (via mL, irc, or
maybe that can be automaticly made by draft plugin)

That what I'm suggest, because it permits to show others "page is under
work" and avoid double work (someone can prefer to translate on
external editor and c/p after on wiki) and visitor clearly see "work in
progress".

What about ?

PS : when draft feature will up, I'll be candidate to integrate the
team which validate french translation (or all, but I'll only validate
french ones).