[Slackdocs] we need mainstream

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Thu Aug 23 15:17:55 CEST 2012

On 23/08/2012 15:01, Ian Cordasco wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 01:13:30PM +0200, Eric Hameleers wrote:
>> in order for the Wiki to determine if a page is available in multiple
>> languages (which will be visible in the language selection drop-down in the
>> left sidebar) a page must have the same name in all languages - only the
>> language prefix is different (prefixing fr: for instance).
>>
> Would it be possible then to have a tag that can indicate that an English
> translation is needed? Someone might not realize that the page was created as
> a placeholder and might assume it is being worked on by someone else.

I don't know what is feasible with Dokuwiki which I don't know well. I just installed it
and will try to find out tonight (UTC +1 here) if you don't get a  better answer sooner.
I am more used to wackowiki, see htp://wackowiki.org as I do translation in French and a
bit of documentation there, but I didn't propose it as it is not UTF8-able yet and has a
MySQL backend.