[Slackdocs] we need mainstream

Eric Hameleers eric.hameleers at alienbase.nl
Thu Aug 23 21:07:23 CEST 2012

On 08/23/2012 05:20 PM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Eric Hameleers a écrit :
>> and I wanted it to be a language which could be supported by editors
>> that both kikinovak and I can understand
>
> Then you could equally have chosen german or french, and even latin
> and ancient greek (just kidding :oD), since I reckon you're quite
> proficient in languages other than your native language, Eric.
>
> But I'm 100% with you on the choice of English as primary. English is
> simply Slackware's "lingua franca", and you won't get very far without
> it.
>
> Niki
I am fluent in reading, writing _and_ speaking german (apart from
english and dutch of course) and I can read not-too-complex french texts
as well as understand simple french conversation :-)

And yes, your second statement is true. Slackware is english-only and
the installer and other scripts are not going to be localized.

Eric