[Slackdocs] we need mainstream

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Thu Aug 23 21:45:12 CEST 2012

On 23/08/2012 17:16, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Didier Spaier a écrit :
>> Why an article originally in Italian wouldn't be on par with another
>> originally written in English in this matter?
>
> Because the editors don't necessarily speak italian, and it would thus be impossible for them to review/approve the page.
>
> The english placeholder page seems a good idea to me. Let's say you have some french documentation ready, Didier. Create the page in the english section, put your french text into it. Now create a french localized version of that page, where you put the same text. Once this is done, go back to the english page and try a *rough* translation, using everything from Google Translate to your own sense of intuitive linguistics.

I you mean that every page in another language should be translated, at least roughly, into English to be reviewed/approved, then yes, I can agree.

But I wouldn't accept that an article in another language should wait for an English version to be released before it may be published,
as that would imply that no page in another language could be included in SlackDocs until an official editor fluent in that language be co-opted.

Would that decision be taken, SlackDocs would miss one of its main goals as I see it.

Then I would say good luck to all of you in this endeavor, but would not participate in any way.

Cheers,

Didier