[Slackdocs] Fwd: procedure for translation

zithro (RabbiT) zithro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 17:47:44 CEST 2012

Up. Any decision yet about a translation guideline ? This guideline would
be specific to translations, as the english page DOES exist already. I dont
want to add this in the wiki as asteroid got the idea first, and i dunno if
its validated.
Some rephrasing still needs to be done though (and ill add to my previous
comments, the 3rd step should also read "show pagesource", a translator may
not be able to edit the source of an english page).

Also, for translations, if we spot a mistake in the english version, what's
the procedure ?
(Take the start page as an example: the link reads create an account, but
it points to start?do=login).
Should we JUST translate (keeping the mistake), warn the english authors of
their mistake, then edit back the translation ?
IMHO this should be the way, to respect the validation process, but it's
kinda time-consuming, no ?