[Slackdocs] Fwd: procedure for translation

Eric Hameleers eric.hameleers at alienbase.nl
Sat Aug 25 18:35:23 CEST 2012

On 08/25/2012 05:47 PM, zithro (RabbiT) wrote:

> Also, for translations, if we spot a mistake in the english version, what's
> the procedure ?
> (Take the start page as an example: the link reads create an account, but
> it points to start?do=login).
> Should we JUST translate (keeping the mistake), warn the english authors of
> their mistake, then edit back the translation ?
> IMHO this should be the way, to respect the validation process, but it's
> kinda time-consuming, no ?

I would say that it is OK if you do not want to make your translation
follow the english version to the letter. You may want to write the
story differently if it fits better in your language that way. If you
make improvements in your translation, then please do not edit the
english version yourself. Instead, use that english article's discussion
page to inform the other guys of your enhancements. They can decide (or
a site editor helps them decide) if they want to absorb your
improvements or not.

Same with mistakes that you spot. Write about them in the discussion
page. Don't edit the page if you are not it's author.

Eric

--

Eric Hameleers
Email: eric.hameleers at gmail.com