[Slackdocs] images slackware:install

Eric Hameleers eric.hameleers at alienbase.nl
Tue Aug 28 01:08:13 CEST 2012

On 08/27/2012 08:42 PM, Gerardo Zamudio wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Nocturnal Slacker
> <nocturnal.slacker at hotmail.com <mailto:nocturnal.slacker at hotmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Yes. I agree that this would be a better way to utilize video on
>     this site. We're not here to make money and provide free tracking
>     data for Google (Youtube). We should probably avoid Flash, anyway. ;)
>
>     ~V. T. Eric Layton, Nocturnal Slacker
>

> I do agree with not using Flash. .mkv or another container is fine
> with me. The reason I lightly suggested YouTube was for hosting. I
> don't know if Eric's server will be able to serve video (resources and
> bandwidth costs) but if it is then I see no problem with hosting it on
> docs.slackware.com <http://docs.slackware.com>.

My searver will not be able to host and stream video's. That is a whole
different category of bandwidth demand.
The wiki has a video plugin which understands many of the common video
hosting sites such as (but not limited to) Youtube and Vimeo. See
http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:alienbob for an example of embedded
Youtube video.

Eric