[Slackdocs] Introducing our WIki editor staff

Eric Hameleers eric.hameleers at alienbase.nl
Tue Aug 28 23:34:33 CEST 2012

I have not really taken the time to sit back and relaxen das
blinkenlichten... the developments in our shiny new documentation
project are happening so fast that it took me two days to realize that I
had not yet formally introduced our team of Wiki editors. I did mention
them on http://docs.slackware.com/slackdocs:contact though.

Who are on the editor staff list?

  *
    Senior Editors
        V. T. Eric Layton (nocturnal.slacker
        <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:nocturnal.slacker>)
        Brian Lawrence (brianl <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:brianl>)
  *
    Editors
        Gerardo Zamudio (gerardo.zamudio
        <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:gerardo.zamudio>)
        V. Harishankar (vharishankar
        <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:vharishankar>)
        W. Dean Milner (nyteowl
        <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:nyteowl>)
        Marcin Herda (sycamorex
        <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:sycamorex>)
        Geoff Austin (mrclisdue
        <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:mrclisdue>)
        Dugan Chen (dugan <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:dugan>)
        Hazel Russman (hazel <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:hazel>)
        Moses Elie (escaflown
        <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:escaflown>)
        Emilio Hodge (whiz <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:whiz>)
        Zithro (zithro <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:zithro>)
        Matthew Fillpot (mfillpot
        <http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:mfillpot>)

The "senior editor" hat does not give these two old fellas more power...
nor status :-) Brian and V. T. Eric will be our arbiters when the editor
team has an internal struggle and decisions have to be taken. Other than
that, they are there for you just like the rest of the pack.

What can the editor staff do for you?

The editors are there to guard the quality and accessibility of our Wiki
material. They will do page edits where needed in order to polish
grammar and fix spelling mistakes. They will work on the structure of
the Wiki and write guidelines for the people who want to contribute
articles (you!).

Most of all, they will be "there" for you if you have questions about an
article you are writing - where to put the page, how to format the page,
what about the use of headers, tags, pictures and videos. You get the
idea. By now, all of them will have created a user page where you can
directly contact them (on their page's discussion tab) if you do not
want to use email or the mailing list.

Several of the people on the editor staff are non-english speakers. They
are the point of contact if you want to translate any of our english
Wiki pages into another language. They will be able to help you out with
the language-specific questions you might have.

Note to editors: please update your entry in the
http://docs.slackware.com/slackdocs:contact page with the languages you
are able to read/write/edit.

Good luck to the team, let's make it a worthwhile experience for everybody.

Cheers, Eric