[Slackdocs] Suggestion for Reply Order Structure in the List

Nocturnal Slacker nocturnal.slacker at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 00:25:46 CEST 2012

On 08/28/2012 06:08 PM, Rodrigo Amorim Ferreira wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 17:58 -0400, Nocturnal Slacker wrote:
>> On 08/28/2012 05:37 PM, Rodrigo Amorim Ferreira wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> In a few emails in this discussion list I saw many different forms of
>>> REPLY (or GROUP REPLY) that, I think, is disturbing the discussion. So,
>>> I have a suggestion for everyone:
>>>
>>> Based on the e-mail reply structure of many client-based (or web) email
>>> account, I think will be better for everyone only answer emails in the
>>> top part of the body (and not in the bottom part). That way we can
>>> maintain a decreasing time-based answer system in any email present in
>>> each thread.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>>
>>> Rodrigo
>>>

>> Rodrigo, I just read your mailing list posting regarding consistent
>> methods of replying. Please note: In a previous (see archive on website
>> for mailing list) posting yesterday, I believe, Eric Hameleers requested
>> that everyone follow the standard mailing list and USENET newsgroup
>> etiquette of "bottom posting". Just to let you know...
>>
>> ~V. T. Eric Layton, Nocturnal Slacker
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> No problem :) We can all answer in the bottom part. And thanks for the
> information. I really did not know about this request.
>
> Best Regards.
>
> Rodrigo

No problem, my friend. I was a guilty-as-charged "top poster" until Eric
H. reminded me of the etiquette standards. As an old USENET junkie, I
should have known better, but I was just letting Thunderbird work as I
had it set up for regular emails. Now I've changed those settings, though.

All's well.
--
~V. T. Eric Layton, Nocturnal Slacker