[Slackdocs] On hold

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed Aug 29 16:21:17 CEST 2012

Hi Eric,

No, I didn't forget the list. I'm right in the middle of a big install,
things go more or less as planned, but this is all quite time-consuming.
I guess I'll post some pictures of the project once it's finished. A
100% Slackware network for 50 - 60 users.

Yesterday the winds of fate were blowing in my face. While I was at the
school for the install, my girlfriend told me there was a terrible storm
over our village, and the lightning struck the churchtower right next to
my office. At exactly at 8:50 AM, since that's the time the tower clock
froze. The resulting power surge burnt a modem, two switches, and a NIC
on my Proliant server (as Murphy would have it, the onboard NIC, not the
other one). I lost almost a whole day purchasing new hardware, rewiring
and reconfiguring everything.

Tomorrow morning I'm off on a three day trip in the mountains with a
group of students. This is a school for "difficult" kids, so a trip in
the mountains is a nice thing to get acquainted at the start of the
year. We come back on Sunday, and then, once things are settled, I'll
get more involved again in the Documentation Project. Until now, I've
done some minor editing whenever I had some time on a break.

Cheers from the rainy South of France,

Niki

PS: I'll Cc: this to the list so folks know that the other admin hasn't
completely gone AWOL :oD
--
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr