[Slackdocs] Spam on the wiki

Eric Hameleers eha at alienbase.nl
Tue Dec 4 12:56:20 CET 2012

On Tue, 4 Dec 2012, B.Lawrence wrote:

> On 04/12/12 07:58, Bojan Popovic wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just noticed this:
>> http://docs.slackware.com/samsung_galaxy_s3_case
>>
>> I know I could probably delete it myself, but didn't want to do
>> anything without consulting anyone from the staff.
>>
>> Bojan.

> Hi,
> Thanks, Bojan.
> I've deleted the contents of that page, but haven't found out how to delete
> the page itself. I'll have to RTFM again.
> :-)
> Brian

The page is gone, and I have changed the registration process so that new
users will have _no_ edit rights by default, until the account is manually
added to the "users" group by Niki or myself.

That was unfortunately the only way to fight spammers who create accounts
on our Wiki.

The spammer account itself has been locked. It was created from a Chinese
IP.

Cheers, Eric