[Slackdocs] Merry X-Mas & some news

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Tue Dec 25 11:23:59 CET 2012

Hello fellow Slackers,

First of all, merry Christmas to all. May these days be full of joy and
peace for you.

I've been in read-only mode for quite some time now, mainly because of a
Linux training job that's been keeping me very busy since the end of
October.

The students have repeatedly asked for some documentation in "digested"
form, so I've created a blog that I'm regularly filling with articles
drawn from my own documentation in various notebooks (paper) or simple
text files. The blog is starting to get in shape, take a peek here:

http://www.microlinux.fr/blog/

The reason why I'm not directly including these pages into the Slackware
Documentation Project is that 1) I'm first writing them in French, and
2) I have to go very fast, so I can't go through the whole validation
process (even if I'm a God Of Validation here myself :oD)

The articles are mostly about basic-to-advanced system administration:
DHCP, DNS, package management, LILO, building an initrd, etcetera.

Basically, all these articles are free for eventual cannibalization. For
instance, I've written a very detailed article about package management,
that also includes rebuilding packages, working with SlackBuilds, adding
third party software from source, working with sbopkg, and so on. Check
it out here:

http://www.microlinux.fr/blog/gestion-des-paquets-slackware/

I can only begin adding these articles starting in March, but if you
folks want to use it as a basis right now, feel free to use it as you like.

My articles have all been tried "live" by a bunch of Linux sysadmin
students, and I'm rewriting them using many of their questions until
things are clear in their heads and in my documentation.

happy Slacking, and "à bientôt",

Niki