[Slackdocs] regarding localization

Bojan Popovic bocke at slackware-srbija.org
Sat Nov 3 13:31:21 CET 2012

Hi markus,

I'm gathering the information for a general localization tutorial. I
divided it this way:

1. setting unicode support (boot loader settings or
unicode_start/unicode_stop otherwise)
2. setting locale (lang.sh and lang.csh)
3. setting up console font and keymap (loadkeys, setfont)
4. setting up Xorg keyboard properties (ie: /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/)
5. Unicode problems (ie console keymap conversion and problematic apps)

I haven't tought about specific apps or desktop environments. Not sure
if that should go in a general guide.

Anyway, it would be the best if we don't duplicate the effort. That
doesn't mean we can't divide it. So if you want you can take any of the
sub-topics. :)

Bojan.