[Slackdocs] Setting up Virtual Machines under Slackware

Lew Pitcher lew.pitcher at digitalfreehold.ca
Sat Nov 3 19:06:54 CET 2012

On Saturday 03 November 2012 13:57:38 Bogus Zaba wrote:
> Do we have anything on this topic in the Documentation Project?

IMHO, because there are a variety of VM implementations, this is a /class/ of
HOWTOs, and not a single HOWTO. I use QEMU/KVM; you seem to be familiar with
VirtualBox. I'm certain that there are Xen users here as well. Add to
that, "User Mode Linux", and even the Hercules vm, and you have quite a
variety of Virtual Machines to document.

I can contribute something on setting up QEMU in Slackware; I've used QEMU
extensively over the years, and currently run a virtualized Windows XP image
(along with a historical library of MSDOS, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, and
Windows 98 images) under it on my Slackware desktop system.

--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"