[Slackdocs] Server docs.slackware.com down for hard drive swap

Eric Hameleers eric.hameleers at alienbase.nl
Fri Nov 23 09:07:29 CET 2012

Op 22-11-2012 22:52, Eric Hameleers schreef:
> Like the subject says, server docs.slackware.com has been taken down
> temporarily for a hard drive swap. One of its disks is failing.

An update:

There is a bit of a setback.
While the RAID was re-assembling after replacing the failed hard
drive, the server admin tripped over the power cable and that killed
the filesystem of host on which my virtual machine runs.
It did not look good at first but no the admin tells me that he has
overcome his issues with the RAID, and that we may be online again at
the end of the day.

If all fails, I keep daily backups of the Wiki data so I will be able
to recover. I do not have a backup of the statistics database, so that
would be lost if the host server can not be repaired.

More news, later. If there is no progress by the end of today, then it
will take me several days to get the Wiki back online, because I am
flying to India in 24 hours for a week's stay (work related) and do
nopt know if I will have Internet access there.

Eric