[Slackdocs] Russian Howto

Eric Hameleers eric.hameleers at alienbase.nl
Tue Oct 2 22:07:23 CEST 2012

On 10/02/2012 12:33 PM, Serg Bormant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Russian settings for Add New Page plugin described at
> https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:addnewpage#russian
>
> So, button text at
> http://docs.slackware.com/ru:howtos:start
> should be "Добавить страницу".
>
> But it is "???????? ????????" now.
>
> In HTML source of page it is the same:
> <input class="button" type="submit" value="???????? ????????" tabindex="3" />
>
> Can anybody re-check plugin settings for Russian, please? It may be
> that Russian UTF-8 symbols dropped to "?" when saved to file with
> non-UTF-8 capable editor.
>
> But if they are correct, Russian is broken somewhere else.
>
> Thanks.
Hi Serg

I verified the addnewpage's language file on the server with the
original from the download, and their md5sums match.
So, it is not the plugin which got currupted but the way in which the
DokuWiki displays the plugin's texts.
DokuWiki itself has no issues with Russian script, so the problem must
be somewhere else.

Eric H.