[Slackdocs] Slackbook Conventions and article updates

Matthew Fillpot mfilpot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 20:19:04 CEST 2012

On 9/4/12, Gil ANDRE <noryungi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Matthew: thank you, this is going very helpful.
>
> The question I have now is: have you made the reverse script to go from
> dokuwiki to slackbook xml?
>
> I am asking since I think it would be very good to update the slackbook from
> time to time, using the edits and contributions from the wiki... A bit more
> money for Pat V. & slackware.com...
>
> Also, I wanted to translate the slackbook into French, and having something
> "ready to print" from the wiki would be great!

Gil,
No script will be created to translate from docuwiki to xml because
the wiki will mirror upstream as close as possible. Changes from
upstream will be applied to the wiki as they are received. If someone
wished to contribute to the slackbook they can mirror the git repo as
listed on the website and pass patches back to Allan. If good
recommendations are made in the wiki talk pages then I will take the
initiative to test them out and submit the changes for the users if
necessary.

My goal is to use the git repo to check for regular updates and append
the changes to the wiki within 24 hours, however for your translation
you can use my wiki changes or track the changes yourself with a local
git copy.

Have you contacted our French translator to see if you can assist him
in translating the book for the wiki to reduce duplication?

--
-Thank You,
-Matthew Fillpot

-Slackware Documentation Project - Staff Editor
- http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:mfillpot

-Linux.com - Moderator
- https://www.linux.com/forums/person/198