[Slackdocs] Slackbook Conventions and article updates

Eric Hameleers eric.hameleers at alienbase.nl
Wed Sep 5 22:11:04 CEST 2012

On 09/05/2012 08:30 PM, Rodrigo Amorim Ferreira wrote:

> I think there is a misunderstand about this "point". I know that if I
> want to create a new tutorial page in PT-BR, I need to (first) create an
> EN-US equivalent one. This is a common-point. A rule that we all agree.
>
> But, the Brazilian portuguese translation was already created based on
> the similar (and original) installation page in English. So, they have
> the "same" path and name:
>
> EN-US: http://docs.slackware.com/slackware:install
>
> PT-BR: http://docs.slackware.com/pt-br:slackware:install
>
> The only "difference" is the "content" inside.
>
> There, I made many modifications (and {modularization|expansion}) in the
> content, to help attend both new and advanced Brazilian Linux (and
> Slackware) users that want to use Slackware Linux in their computers.
> So, this is a translation based in an already existent page, and not a
> new one (both in path, focus, theme and name).
>
> But I really would like to see this extra-content (and new structure)
> that I created in the PT-BR version, in the original page. So, if anyone
> wants to help translate my install page version from PT-BR to EN-US, I
> will be glad :)
>
> But (again) for this task, I need your (first) approve and (second)
> help. I will not "touch" the EN-US install page without your approval.
> So, if you all approve my install version, we can work together to
> re-create the EN-US install page based on my PT-BR modifications. And I
> need your help because I'm not so proficient in English to do this task
> alone ;)
>
> Best Regards.
>
> Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo

I think it would be very beneficial to the project as a whole, if
translators are able to enhance the english versions when they create
their translation.

Afterwards, you can post the new and changed text on the english page's
"talk" page. Ideally you should write the english updates yourself, but
if that causes too many issues (for instance because you are not fluent
in english), just use google translate for a rough translation and ask
your fellow Slackers for help to clean up the english texts.

I'll run your page through Google Translate and see what that says.

Cheers, Eric H.