[Slackdocs] Slackbook Update Tracking

Alan Hicks alan at lizella.net
Tue Sep 18 04:04:51 CEST 2012

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 20:25:38 -0400
Matthew Fillpot <mfilpot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alan,
> I will resume my editing efforts and will submit the revisions by
> chapter to spread the load. I hope to have the first patch ready in
> the next couple of days.

That would be appreciated.

> I have also noticed missing images and
> images on the website that do not exist in the repo, would you like
> for me to create/pull those images and can you place the existing
> images into a central directory in the repo?

Actually I suspect you're referring to png files that are automatically
generated by running make in the source tree. Many of the black and
white "screenshots" are actually hand-written postscript files. These
postscript files are converted to pngs. This keeps the amount of color
down to a minimum and increases contrast for a printed book while
reducing the amount of ink used. You wouldn't believe how much
bleed-through you can get when printing a mostly black console
screenshot for instance.

--
Ecclesiastes 7:5