[Slackdocs] NTP page needs proofreading (english)

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Fri Mar 1 17:44:46 CET 2013

Le 01/03/2013 17:02, A. Slacker a écrit :
> Bonjour Niki,
>
> I've read the article and thought it was great.  I didn't see any
> problems with the vocabulary or spelling.
>
> If I may make one suggestion regarding your opening statement.  "When
> several users manipulate shared data on different client PCs on a
> network, it's important that these machines are all synchronized.
> Unfortunately, the clients' onboard clock isn't sufficiently precise."
>
> You say it's important for the clocks to be synchronized but don't
> indicate why and again for the onboard clock.  You write it isn't
> sufficient but don't indicate why.

(I'll respond to the list, since hotmail.fr considers me as a spammer...)

Thanks for the proofreading.

I've added a few more specific sentences about out-of-sync problems.

By the way, I'm personally a bit out of sync with the wiki format :o)

I'd like to translate the NTP HOWTO into french (actually, insert my
original HOWTO, since the english version is a translation of my own
HOWTO in french). What should the correct URL look like ?

Cheers,

Niki

--
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat