[Slackdocs] Can't create a page

Eric Hameleers eric.hameleers at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 01:11:13 CET 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 10:41 PM, Didier Spaier <didier at slint.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm pretty sure it's a PEBCAK case, however...
>
> I've cooked a page and its translation to French (both attached) but can't
> remember how to create it in SlackDocs. While logged I type in the address
> bar:
> http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:slackware:get_acquainted_with_slackware
>
> I get this:
> You've followed a link to a topic that doesn't exist yet. If permissions
> allow, you may create it by clicking on “Create this page”.
>
> So far, so good, but I can't find a button to create the page (though I'm
> logged in).
>
> TIA for a clue.
>
> Didier

Hi Didier

Some of the namespaces are only editable by the group of WIki
admins/editors. The following namespaces are read-only to you and most
others: slackware, slackdocs, slackbook and parts of the wiki namespace.

Your article should get an initial placement in one of the sections of the
howto namespace.
The translation pages (non-english) do not have these strict editing
limitations though.

If you want to convince one of the editors that your article does not
belong in a howto section but in the slackware namespace instead, please
discuss this on the slackdocs mailing list after your article has been made
available.

Cheers, Eric
--
Eric Hameleers