[Slackdocs] Batch fix of formatting errors suggested.

Eric Hameleers (SBo) eric.hameleers at alienbase.nl
Thu Jul 23 16:10:50 CEST 2015

Op 25-6-2015 om 10:25 schreef Didier Spaier:
> Hi,
>
> here is an example of a minor formatting error that I come across in
> many pages while testing a bidirectional dokuwiki <=> asciidoc
> converter (I check that the visual appearance of the page is near
> identical in the genuine page and after the conversion):
>
> I see in the genuine source files:
>
> * Originally written by
> instead of:
>   * Originally written by
>
> I think that fixing this with something like that:
> sed -i "s/^*Originally written by/  Originally written by/"
> even not informing the author is acceptable. Do you agree?
>
> What about fixing such minor thing with a batch script in all
> namespaces/pages (maybe through a cron job)?
>
> Cheers,
> Didier
Batch updates can be done, but not by applyiing 'sed' commands to the
Wiki's text files in the server's filesystem. It will mess with the
Wiki's version control and history page.
There is a programmatic interface to do batch/noninteractive updates but
I do not have the time to look into that.
Might be an option for the future though, because these small edits do
improve the quality of the article texts. Proofreading is a good thing!

Thanks, Eric