[Slackdocs] E-book version of Wiki content

Eric Hameleers (SBo) eric.hameleers at alienbase.nl
Thu Jul 23 16:28:05 CEST 2015

I have not explicitly mentioned http://docs.slackware.com/epub:slackbook
in earlier posts, but a thread on LinuxQuestions
(http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackdocs-and-slackware-linux-essentials-book-s-4175548580/)
triggered me that people are not aware that an EPUB version of the
Slackware Linux Essentials, Revised"" book (Wiki edition can be
downloaded from our Wiki.

The SlackDocs Wiki has an "epub" extension which allows to define the
content of a custom book (you select the pages) and then create an EPUB
book out of that.
On the page http://docs.slackware.com/epub:slackbook I defined an EPUB
by adding all the chapters of our WIki version of the Slack Book and
running the generator on that definition. The resulting EPUB book is
http://docs.slackware.com/_media/epub:alienbob:2015_july_23_05-55-47.epub ,
a URL which is accessible on that page even for visitors without editor
rights.

Challenge to you, the mailing list audience: I need a cover page for
that EPUB book!

The official cover of the paper book "Slackware Linux Essentials" (see
http://it-book.pro/img/books/14.png) looks nice but the Revised book is
not written by these original authors, it was a community effort to
rejuvenate the original book. The printed version of this Revised
edition lists Alan Hicks as additional author next to the three original
ones: https://store.slackware.com/images/sp/slackbook.gif

The Slack Book Beta is yet another incarnation of the book - re-written
by Alan Hicks to get rid of the GPL restrictions of the original - is
what we imported into our WIki.

What I want is a cover image in the spirit of the original. That image
(if one is created) will be added to the EPUB book.

Eric