[Slackdocs] Fwd: E-book version of Wiki content

Nocturnal Slacker nocturnal.slacker at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 00:38:22 CEST 2015

On 07/25/2015 06:05 PM, Gil André wrote:

> It’s not bad, but you should try no to mix too many fonts.
>
> I am not a designer, but I have worked with graphical designers in the past, and their recommendation has always been the same: avoid mixing too many fonts & colors
>
> So, I would recommend keeping the title (‘The Slack Book’) in Impact font, but switching the next two lines to all Helvetica, choosing fonts that are just slightly different. And move the URL and get rid of its yellow color.
>
> My own version is attached to this message. I have kept the original title (slackware Essentials), and I don’t have the Slackware logo right now, but I believe you’ll have a better idea of what I mean by not mixing too many fonts. The result is a little bit more ‘serious’, but also (I think) more readable.
>
> Of course, this is just a rough idea of what I mean, fell free to criticize…

Yes, I understand about the different fonts. It's a matter of taste.
Although, I'll admit that yours looks cleaner with just the one font style.

Too late to change v.2, but I'll try a single font version on the next
one and see how I like it.

Regards,

~vtel

--

V. T. Eric Layton (vtel57, Nocturnal Slacker)
Tampa, Florida, USA