[Slackdocs] Links to the old Slackware Store

Eric Hameleers eric.hameleers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:19:00 CEST 2020

Op ma 10 aug. 2020 om 17:16 schreef Xavier Belanger / Ellendhel <
slackdocs at ellendhel.net>:

> Hi,
>
> This is kind of late, but I realized that there is a fair amount
> of references to the old Slackware store (store.slackware.com)
> on the wiki.
>
> I have removed two references in the French section (there is still
> more) and from a quick search there is plenty of results in various
> other sections.
>
> What would be the "official" guidelines here? With what do we want
> to replace those links with? To my knowledge, the following URLs
> would be appropriate:
>
>  - https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/volkerdi to financially support
> Pat and Slackware
>
>  - https://www.patreon.com/slackwarelinux/overview, same thing
>
>  - https://www.cafepress.com/volkerdi, to buy some Slackware swag
>
> Sincerely,
> --
> Ellendhel <slackdocs at ellendhel.net>

Hi Xavier,

You are right, this should be fixed.
All three links are valid but the Patreon page is the most important one
and if the Store link needs to be replaced, it should be with the Patreon
URL.
I will find a place in the Slackware section where we can add the rest of
the information and URLS (including the linuxquestions.org posts that are
relevant to the story of the Store's demise);

Cheers, Eric
--
Eric Hameleers

My blog: https://alien.slackbook.org/blog/