[Slackdocs] Slackbook Update Tracking

Matthew Fillpot mfilpot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 02:25:38 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM, zithro <slack at rabbit.lu> wrote:

> On 09/17/2012 10:01 AM, Alan Hicks wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 19:38:00 -0400
>> Matthew Fillpot <mfilpot at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have added a table on
>>> http://docs.slackware.com/**talk:slackbook:start<http://docs.slackware.com/talk:slackbook:start>to track the
>>> translated pages and what versions they have been updated to.  I will
>>> post information about specific updates through this thread but would
>>> like you to use the table to track your pages.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if you think this will help to simplify the
>>> translation process or if you have other recommendations.
>>>
>> Nice work. I wonder if any of the people working on translation efforts
>> here would be interested in taking these translations and incorporating
>> them into translated copies of the book.
>>

> Some French translators have already started to translate the book. Gonna
> help them as well.
> What do you mean exactly by "incorporating them into translated copies of
> the book " ?
> If I understand well, this could be pretty easy with Matt's "slackbook to
> dokuwiki syntax" script. Once the translations are done here, we would
> simply run the script to get a "book" version.
>
> I didn't read the script yet, but I think if it works one way, no reason
> it wouldn't work the other (with some tweaking of course) ! Am I wrong ?
> BTW Matt, sorry I can't recall, is your script available somewhere ?

Alan,
I will resume my editing efforts and will submit the revisions by chapter
to spread the load. I hope to have the first patch ready in the next couple
of days. I have also noticed missing images and images on the website that
do not exist in the repo, would you like for me to create/pull those images
and can you place the existing images into a central directory in the repo?

Zithro,
My script is a basic bash replace script that changes xml flags to
character values like ** that are replicated for numerous situations and it
requires a lot of manual corrections before publishing, it cannot be
reverse engineered to push the document back to the official format.
 Instead I am looking into the potential of creating a xsl stylesheet that
can convert the original xsl documents into docuwiki format, if I can
accomplish it then I will post the instructions and stylesheet to my github
account.

--
-Thank You,
-Matthew Fillpot

-Slackware Documentation Project - Staff Editor
- http://docs.slackware.com/wiki:user:mfillpot

-Linux.com - Moderator
- https://www.linux.com/forums/person/198