[Slackdocs] Suggestion for Reply Order Structure in the List

Nocturnal Slacker nocturnal.slacker at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 01:55:52 CEST 2012

On 08/28/2012 07:35 PM, x y wrote:

>> I've been bottom posting, but haven't been scrubbing the mailing-list
>> message lines. Have I done it right this time?
>> Brian
>>
> And I've been replying to individuals in the list. For some reason the
> default on my system is to the individual poster, it's not like that in
> the slackware-users list. One would think they'd behave the same...
determined by the account settings in whatever application (website
email, stand-alone email client, etc.) you're using to reply.

For instance, in Mozilla Thunderbird's account settings under
Composition and Addressing, you can set whether to top or bottom reply.
Most stand-alone clients have this capability. I don't know for sure
about webmail access. I don't use it, so can't say.
--
~V. T. Eric Layton, Nocturnal Slacker