[Slackdocs] Wiki Main Page - Talk

Eric Hameleers eha at alienbase.nl
Tue Aug 21 16:51:25 CEST 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012, zithro (RabbiT) wrote:

> Mmm, nice idea, but what happens if 2 people are editing at the same time ?
> Shouldn't happen for now as we are not so many, but better plan than fix :)
> Plus, I think we need to keep the "talk" page to talk about the very page
> (comments, what to add/edit/remove, maybe even longer notes about some big
> revisions), not to talk about general ideas for the wiki, that's what the LQ
> topic and the mailing-list are for, IMHO :)

The first one opening a page for editing will lock that page. Anyone
trying to edit that same page will see who keeps the page locked for
editing, and how long that lock will last.

I agree that "talk" pages should be used for discussing the content of the
associated page. The mailing list is meant for discussing the
Slackware Documentation Project as a whole.

At some point in the near future, when I activate the publish module, I
will also stop posting to and reading the LQ thread. I want our
discussions to concentrate in that mailing list. To many people
posting in LQ have opinions but do not put their money where their mouth
is.

Eric