[Slackdocs] Native TeX Live integration tutorial

Marcin Herda mherda at slackword.net
Fri Nov 30 20:57:46 CET 2012

On 30/11/12 18:33, Seb wrote:
> Le Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:48:16 +0000
> Marcin Herda a écrit:
>
>> I am not sure if other people share my view here but I think that a wiki
>> article should be rather factual and dry. It's not written to entertain
>> us but to provide steps to complete a task. At least that's my
>> understanding and that's how other articles have been written so far.
>> Can I here ask other editors/admins to express their views on the
>> subject? If that's just me, my apologies for being a pain in the back.
> Sorry for the tone, it's the one I usually adopt when writing docs in
> French and this was never raised before (I'm not trying to argue --
> editing policy's editing policy). Reading the style guide, my
> intention was to be friendly rather than sloppy.
>
> I've attempted to fix the problematic sequences you've pointed out.
> I've sweated a bit on the conclusion (I could have wiped it out as it
> is visibly done in many howtos, but then I can't prevent me from
> feeling the whole text guillotined)... ;)
>
> ++
> Seb.

Hi Seb,

There's no need to be sorry for anything. Your howto is far from being
sloppy. It's just that while each writer inevitably follows their own
unique writing style (which is a good thing), there should still be some
common stylistic guidelines that authors adhere to. Admittedly, at the
moment, this very point does not seem to be mentioned anywhere in the
wiki guidelines. I'll raise this topic to avoid future misunderstandings.

Regards,
Marcin

--
-- sycamorex