[Slackdocs] newbie questions

pdi pdi at otenet.gr
Wed Dec 17 21:01:20 CET 2014

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:02:46 +0000
Matthew Fillpot <mfilpot at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I misunderstood your question, I assumed that the inquiry on
> the slackdocs mailing list would be referencing adding content to the
> wiki rather than asking for shell scripting assistance.

You assumed correctly, it just happened that in this case there was an
overlap: the shell scripting correction did not answer the
formatting question so much as cancelled it.

> The code or nowiki blocks in docuwiki should allow your text to be
> displayed as they are written.
>
> Are you having problems adding content or with formatting?
>
> If you are looking for conventions then we can add conventions to the
> style guide.

Yes, that's the place I'd expect some mention of typographic
conventions. The <code> and <file> blocks are very good to denote file
contents or fragments, but not so good in denoting console input and
output. Other conventions may clarify if the specially formatted text
is a command, a path, a command option, a variable of some kind, etc.

> As for your article, it is looking good. Thank you for contributing.

Thanks, my pleasure. BTW, I was under the misapprehension that the
articles would appear to the public after some editorial review, but in
this case it didn't happen.